Canada Work Permit Visa
To work in Canada, international workers must have the proper visas and work permits issued by immigration laws. Work permits should be secured for employees and sponsored by a locally licensed and incorporated entity, which can be difficult for organizations simply entering the Canadian market. If you recently complete the incorporation process, you can utilize a re-appropriated management organization or GEO Employer of Record to support the employee for the necessary Canada work permit visa.
Types of Work Permits
Two-Step Process to Apply for a Canadian Work Permit Visa
Temporary resident Work Permits in Canada has three main categories:
- A Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is a labor market verification process that assesses by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) and ensures the job offer of an employee will not harm the Canadian labor market.
- Assesses an offer of employment to ensure that the employment of a foreign worker will not hurt the Canadian labor market.
- An LMIA-exempt Work Permit may be issued under the International Mobility Program (IMP) provided a person and their employer meets all of the eligibility criteria of the particular exemption category identified in their application.
- An LMIA-exempt Work Permit may also be issued under other circumstances prescribed by regulation or created through public policy.
Typically, getting a work visa in Canada has a two-step process. In most cases, applicants first need to have a job offer before applying for a Canadian work permit. Step 1: In the majority of cases, the initial step towards getting a Canadian work permit is to apply for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC). Usually, the Canadian employer needs to undertake national recruitment efforts and show that no Canada permanent resident visa or citizens are qualified for the job at hand. Step 2 After getting a positive response from LMIA, the applicant can apply to work in Canada.
Eligibility For Canada Work Permit Visa:
Applicants need to show verification that they are eligible to take up the job offer. You need to meet certain prerequisites to apply to work in Canada.
- Provide some proof that you will come back from Canada after the expiry of your Work Permit visa
- Must have documents proving to have sufficient money to support yourself and your family during your Canada stay
- Provide proof of not getting involved in any criminal activity by submitting a police clearance certificate
- Are not a danger to Canada’s security
- Must have a good health condition and undergo a medical examination if required
- No plans to work for an employer registered as “ineligible” by the Canadian government because they failed to comply with specific conditions
- No plans to work for an employer who offers indecent or salacious services
- Must provide the documents required by officers to qualify your entry to Canada
Let Us Help With a Canada Work Permit Visa
Move Immigration Services can expertly handle your case, whether you’re looking to obtain a closed or open work permit, or you’re an employer looking for a favorable LMIA from ESDC. We help you to submit your work permit application in Canada and offer advice on the best strategies as per the uniqueness of your case. Contact us today at (+1) (416) 996-0786 if you have any issues regarding a Canada work permit visa, and our Canada immigration consultants will be glad to provide our services throughout the whole process. You can also email us at email@example.com