Apply For Permanent Residency in Canada
A permanent resident is a non-Canadian citizen granted Canada permanent resident application status by immigrating to Canada. Permanent residents are also known as immigrants and citizens of other foreign countries. It is essential to note that permanent residents are not to be confused with temporary residents Canada who live there for a limited time. Examples of temporary residents include a student or foreign worker. It is important to know the eligibility criteria if anyone wants to apply for permanent residency in Canada.
What is Express Entry?
Express Entry is a Two-Step Process
Express Entry is a 100% electronic system created to process permanent resident applications under three different Canadian immigration programs:
- The Federal Skilled Worker Program
- The Federal Skilled Trades Program
- The Canadian Experience Class
If you want to ensure you are eligible to immigrate to Canada under one of the immigration programs, you can use the online tool “Come to Canada.” Here’s the process:
- Create your MyCIC account and fill out your Express Entry profile.
- Get ready before you fill out your profile. By this time, you must have at least all of the following documents with you:
- Passport or travel document
- National Occupational Classification (NOC) job title and code
- Language abilities results
- After creating your account, register with the Government of Canada’s Job Bank within 30 days.
Applying for Canada Permanent Resident Visa
Once your profile has successfully passed through the Express Entry pool, you can receive an invitation to apply for permanent residency in Canada. If you get an invitation, you will have only 60 days to submit your Canada permanent resident application. If you don’t receive an invitation, your Express Entry profile will expire after 12 months. For your information, you will only receive an invitation if:
- You have a job offer in Canada
- You have received a certificate of designation of a province or territory
- You are among the top-ranked candidates
Steps to Apply for Permanent Residence
Once invited, you will need to:
- Complete an online form in your MyCIC account
- Provide copies of all required documents
- Complete a medical examination
- Pay the permanent residence fee (490 CAD, non-refundable)
- Submit your application
Move Immigration Services Will Help You Submit Your PR Application
The Canada permanent resident application process can be challenging and time-consuming. If you want to apply for permanent residency in Canada, you can get professional immigration help from Move Immigration Services. We have verified and certified Canadian consultants and have helped thousands of people immigrate to Canada. We look forward to assisting you to achieve your immigration goals! Call us today at (+1) (416) 996-0786 or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.