Menu Close

Spouse Visa

Canadian residents and permanent citizens may sponsor their spouses for Canadian immigration. If successfully entered Canada, the sponsored person receives permanent resident status. The PR status allows the couple to live in Canada and build their future together. The spousal sponsorship/common-law Canada immigration program welcomes a large number of new permanent residents every year.
Canada Spouse Visa

Documents Required For Spouse Visa For Canada?

You (the applicant) must submit an application for a spouse visa along with the following documents:
  • Passport size photographs
  • Civil marriage certificate copy
  • Valid passport copy
  • Birth certificate copy
  • Financial documents copy
  • Evidence of you and your spouse’s legal name changes
  • Original letter of sponsorship
  • Police clearance certificate, if applicable
  • Prison, police, and Court records, if applicable
  • Show termination papers for prior marriage, if applicable
  • Immigration violation records, if applicable
Below are the eligibility criteria to apply for a spouse visa:
  • The applicant must have 18 years or above;
  • The applicant must have Canadian citizenship or permanent residency. In case they don’t have any status, they must register under the Canadian Indian Act.
If you are currently living in Canada, here’s the information you need:
  • If you are a Canadian citizen who lives outside the country, you must show that you plan to return to Canada once your supported relative becomes a permanent resident
  • If you are a permanent resident but live outside Canada, you can not sponsor someone
  • You must have good financial support to fulfil the basic needs of the person you are sponsoring
  • You are capable of showing that you are not taking social aid for reasons other than a disability
  • You can provide essential requirements of any grandchildren (dependent children of a dependent child) of the principal applicant
Move Immigration Services is accurate in its development, preparation and submission of Spousal Sponsorship Visa Applications. Once your spouse visa application submits to Immigration Canada, our regulated Canadian immigration consultant (RCIC) will keep in touch with you until a final decision. We respond to all e-mails and letters that come from the visa office throughout the consultation duration.
Call Move Immigration Services at +1 (416) 996-0786 or e-mail us at to sponsor your spouse or partner.
The processing time of the spouse visa application takes about 12 months to complete. The processing time is not faster than 12 months, but it depends on the nature of your case. If you have a complex case or the visa officer demands additional evidence of your relationship, this will delay the processing time of your case. It might also take longer than expected.