Consult now

Home » Post Graduate Work Permit

Post Graduate Work Permit

A Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) is a program that allows students who graduate from a Canadian post-secondary institution to stay in Canada and work full time for up to three years. The limit of the work in Canada depends upon the length of your program. You are not required to apply for a job offer or work in a particular field.

How to Apply for a PGWP Work

The PGWP programs are issued once in a lifetime. If you recently graduated and have a further study plan in the country, it is better to consult International Student Advising to apply. Yet, there are a few factors to consider. We have explained them all below:

  • Must have valid temporary resident visa status, or you should otherwise have left Canada.
  • Must be graduated from an eligible Designated Learning Institution (DLI). You must also provide solid proof that you meet all of the following criteria:
  • You have completed a vocational, academic, or professional training program at a qualified educational institution in Canada. The program duration must be eight (8) months leading to a diploma, certificate, or degree.
  • You have kept up full-time student status in Canada* during each academic or study program you completed and submitted as a part of your post-graduate work permit application. Exceptions can only be made for leave from studies or final academic session.
  • You must have a transcript or an official letter from the eligible DLI declaring that you meet the prerequisites to finish your program of study. The transcript and official letter should be present for the PGWP application.

Post Graduate Work Permit Eligibility Requirements

After the Confederation College issues your final result, you get 180 days to apply for a post-graduation work permit program. To be eligible, your study permit must be made valid at some position during these 180 days. You must also have:

  • Completed your graduate successfully from a study program. The study must be a minimum of 8 months long, and it must have led you to a degree, certificate, or diploma.
  • Maintained full-time student status continuously.

You are not eligible for a PGWP program if you:

  • Already obtained a post-graduation work permit
  • Excellent language abilities in French or English
  • Took general interest or self-improvement courses Took participation in the Government of Canada Awards Program funded by the Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
  • Completed your study program by distance learning (online courses, e-learning, or correspondence)

How Move Immigration Services May Help You

If you are looking for a Canada post-graduate work permit visa consultant, Contact Move Immigration Services today. We have professional and experienced immigration consultants that know very well how to apply for a post-graduate work permit program.
Call us today at +1 (416) 996-0786 or email us at

Contact Us Now

Let us take it from here

Privacy Settings
We use cookies to enhance your experience while using our website. If you are using our Services via a browser you can restrict, block or remove cookies through your web browser settings. We also use content and scripts from third parties that may use tracking technologies. You can selectively provide your consent below to allow such third party embeds. For complete information about the cookies we use, data we collect and how we process them, please check our Privacy Policy
Consent to display content from Youtube
Consent to display content from Vimeo
Google Maps
Consent to display content from Google
Consent to display content from Spotify
Sound Cloud
Consent to display content from Sound
Consult Now