A live-in caregiver visa is for an individual who provides care and supervision to children, the elderly and physically or mentally disabled people in private homes. Moving to Canada as a babysitter is mainstream, and individuals who love working as a babysitter in Canada get a great deal of involvement. Canadian immigration is a bit complicated legal process, especially if you need to migrate using a Canada work visa.
How a Caregiver Can Apply for Permanent Residence
There are three ways a caregiver can apply for permanent residence under this program. These include:
- Caring for children – for this category, a caregiver must have a minimum of two years of experience in providing full-time child care in a Canada-based house.
- Caregiving for people having high medical needs – for this category, a caregiver must have at least two years of work experience as a licensed or certified practical nurse, home support worker, nursing aide, or orderly.
- Live-in Caregiver – for this category, a caregiver should have at least two years of work experience under the living-in caregiver visa program in Canada.
- you, your common-law partner, your spouse, or any of your family members have some serious medical issue or have a criminal background
- Provide false information to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Under the live-in caregiver visa program, an applicant must fulfill the following caregiver requirements in Canada:
- Show a disability to fill the position by recruiting a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen
- Have the monetary capacity to pay the caregiver’s wages
- Have a sensible living space in their home
- Make a job offer to the caregiver
The experience and certified immigration consultants at Move Immigration Services will help you in preparing a comprehensive and robust caregiver visa application for permanent residence. Our hands-on experts are keen to provide reliable legal advice to help you plan a better and secure future for you and your family. If you are confused with anything or just want to discuss something, feel free to reach out. Give us a call at +1 (416) 996-0786 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.